It is very beneficial to have a GPS device in your car as it provides the influence to the users in visiting places and it also helps them in reducing the stress which they can encounter while searching for a particular place. However, it is very significant for a user to Update Garmin GPS device on a regular basis so that it gets all the maps updated which are being founded. There are frequent highways and roads which are being introduced to the individual and to get the information about them, an individual must perform a regular Garmin maps update and Garmin GPS update in it.
There are many devices provided by Garmin for the use of individual and to know about all the specialties and features about those devices, you will be offered complete information about the devices and you will be also offered with some interesting information about the Garmin devices. You would also find all the steps to Garmin Nuvi GPS, but if also not able to update you can contact Garmin Support to get Garmin customer service.
Steps to Perform Garmin GPS Device Update
Step 1: Attach your device to your PC
- To begin with the update, you have to connect your Garmin GPS device to a PC.
- For this, you need to eliminate it from your truck, car, or motorcycle
- Now, using a mini USB cable you must hook the GPS to your PC and wait while the progress bar scrolls.
- After that, you need to log in to your Garmin Account to continue with the process.
Step 2: Connect Garmin Express
- After that, you’ll need to ensurethat Garmin Express is installed on your device by navigating to the Garmin Express
- After that, you need to download the page and choose either “Download for Mac” or “Download for Windows”.
- Once, you find the suitable file and you are done with the file downloads, you must click on the install button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After that, Garmin Express works with all GPS units including Drive Safe, Nuvi, Drive, and Zumo.
Step 3: Access or purchase updates
- Once, you are done with all steps, now it’s time to install your updates.
- If the Garmin Express hasn’t already opened on your PC after installing, you must choose it and ensure your internet connection is working properly.
- Now, you have to click on Add a Device and locate your GPS from the list, Click on Select All button and keep your device attached while the updates install.
- As the installation finishes, you’ll have all available apps that are either free or come standard with your device.
- In case, you didn’t purchase lifetime updates then, you need to purchase them at this time.
Step 4: Remove your device
- Once you have over installing the free updates, you must choose to Remove option to safely detach your device
- After that, unplug the USB cable.
- As the device is unplugged, you simply install your GPS back in your desired vehicle and rest assured that your directions will be accurate.
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the process to achieve the Garmin GPS device Update. All of these steps are very exclusive and they provide instant resolutions for the issue and in case you face some kind of issue in the process, Feel free to contact Garmin support number and get complete solutions for the process without any hassle.
Sofia Hanks is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about garmin customer service, garmin GPS support and garmin support.