Garmin may be one of the fitness biggest brands in the industry with perhaps the most feature-rich devices, but one area that has fallen behind nearly every company is wrist HR for swimming.
They have lastly pulled their finger out and have propelled heart rate tracking during the activities of swimming. Inappropriately, at the moment, it is obtainable in the beta firmware that appears to be constrained to the Forerunner 945. However, these trickles down inevitably to other devices and see a final release. Final availability will always be dependent on the device too, and it is likely that the latest devices will all support it such as the Forerunner 245. Fenix 5 plus, and at the push Forerunner 645.
Current Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.64:
- Added capability to allow wrist-based heart rate for swimming (open water and pool).
To permit this feature:
- Open Menu
- Scroll to Wrist Heart Rate and the enter the menu
- Scroll to While Swimming and toggle to On
- Added Connect IQ 3.1 functionality.
- Fixed errors or issues with Live Track
- Addressed rare error o issue of hourly alert drifting off of hour
- Resolved lapping issues in adaptive workouts and training plans
- Addressed the issue of search time “around me” when using North Up map
- Fixed issue of photocopies of a user in Group Track
- Permitted sustenance for Approach CT10 golf club trackers
- Added Sight N Go feature
- Go to Garmin Forerunner 945 Software page
- Attach your Forerunner 945 to your device using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip the Forerunner945_264Beta.zip.
- Abode the GUPDATE.GCD file in the GARMIN folder of the internal storage drive of your devices.
- In Forerunner945_Open the Remote SW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD file in the GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of internal storage drive of your devices.
- Disconnect your device from the PC, and approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to return to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-250.GCD (or if you were on 2.60, GUPDATE-260.GCD) file in the GARMIN folder.
- Rename the GUPDATE-250.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the Remote SW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-220.GCD in the GARMIN\REMOTESW folder.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for Garmin GPS Support at Garmin GPS Customer Service.