Grab new features and Zap bugs with automatic software updates
Be ensure that you have the latest software connected on your Garmin watch is necessary to get the best experience.
Luckily, informing one of the sports watches is the simple process, and the majority of individuals will be updating without even understanding.
Do you have the up-to-date software?
Software updates can be small or large and, unlike Android or iOS, they’re unique to the specific Garmin models. For example, v4.20 was specific to Forerunner 645 and provided small bug fixes, like an issue for New Zealand users when sunset and sunrise times weren’t adapting to daylight savings, and a issue where non-GPS activities were being displayed in the Navigation menu.
To check the version of software of your Garmin
- Go to the option of Settings > About.
- Here, you’ll see the Unit ID (the serial number), as well as the software version (e.g. 5.70 (1517997)).
Here, you should see results from the official Garmin site, like this where you can cross reference your software version with the ones listed.
Automatic software updates
- Long press on the top button to bring up the menus of device.
- Go to Settings and choose Start/Stop.
- From here select System and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu.
- Here you’ll find the Update of the Software.
- Use the option of choose button to toggle between on and off.
- When enabled, software updates will automatically be communicated to the watch via the mobile app. When there is an update available, the Garmin Connect app will download automatically and install it. Your watch will possible reset at the end of the method.
Manual updates of software
- Long press on the button available at the top to bring up the system menus.
- Scroll down to Settings and choose the option of Start/Stop.
- From here, select Systemand scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu.
- Here you’ll find Software Update.
- You’ll see the version (e.g. v4.60 available), the option to Install Now and the estimated time said installation will take.
- Press select to confirm.
Update on your computer using Garmin Express
If you’re not using the app of Garmin Connect smartphone to wirelessly sync your watch, you can knob up to a Windows PC or Mac via a physical assembly.
This involves persevering the charging cable into the USB port of your desktop and linking your watch. If you don’t have the app of Garmin Express, you can download it. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your devices. If you don’t have a account of Garmin Connect, you’ll need to set one up.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for Garmin GPS Support at Garmin GPS Customer Service.